Friday, March 10, 2017

SPOTLIGHT w/INTERVIEW - Loved By A Killer: A Sexy Paranormal Thriller (Loved By A Killer, #1) by C.F. Rabbiosi

Loved By A Killer
 A Sexy Paranormal Thriller
Loved By A Killer, #1
by C.F. Rabbiosi
Release Date: October 26th 2016
Cover Artists: Sam Briggs and Ashen Sorrow
Genre: PNR, Thriller, Horror

BLURB
Raina loved performing upon the London stage, but one night she found herself dancing for only HIM. She froze, and looked to the balcony where the gaslights flickered dimly over his shadowy form. If only she had known that this beautiful monster would soon rip her away from everything in the world SHE EVER LOVED, perhaps she wouldn’t have lingered so long.

Marcus loved being a blood thirst predator, but one night his gallivanting brought him to his knees in front of HER. If only he’d known what would happen when she danced, that she would remind him of someone who was everything in the world HE EVER LOVED, Perhaps he would’ve turned away.

As he drags her deeper and deeper into his depraved world of torture and violence, she begins fighting with her own darkness that threatens to consume her everyday. And oh, how it begs to be released. And though she knows it’s wrong, she desires her captor anyway.

Until she begins falling for someone else…

Meanwhile, prostitutes are being butchered in the streets and she begins to wonder: Is her dark lover, the one she is bound to, The Ripper?

With an accurate account of the creepy gaslit times of London and real Jack the Ripper crime scenes, Loved By A Killer is an exciting read from start to finish.
Buy Link: Amazon
I RACE UPSTAIRS AND TURN THE GASLIGHT ON to its brightest setting and listen to every sound in the house, for anything unusual and for Marcus’ return. My mind spins over this turn of events. The mutilated girl in the picture. The monster that takes pleasure in her horrific murder. The kind of monster that stole my mother away in the darkness leaving our lives wrecked. But now I have power: speed, strength, senses that are out of this world, and an affinity for the night. And somewhere, this monster lurks in the night- that I NOW OWN.
I’m going to destroy him. Jack the Ripper, Marcus, whoever he is- he’s dead. I don’t believe it will cost me what’s left of my humanity, but even if my soul disintegrates to pieces, he must be stopped.
“Fascinated…captivated… Throw me to the devil for I am painfully in love with you.” Marcus appears in the doorway. His face gleams happily and he throws his hat onto the dresser. 
I force a smile. “What have you been up to?”
“Oh, baby, I have my own vampire things to tend to.” He extends his hand toward my face and I flinch. “Have you eaten?” My muscles feel weak and my chest burns a little. “No? Let me fix that. Tom!”
“Please don’t let me hurt him,” I say. He nods. I drink from the young servant’s wrist as my mind swims with horrid thoughts. After ten gulps, I force my mouth away and it doesn’t hurt as much, being far more interested in Marcus’ bloody affairs. I pull up a sleeve to wipe the blood away and Tom lies back on the bed.
“Guess what happened tonight?” Marcus flings messy hair out of his face and plops down on the bed beside me.
 “What happened?”
“There was another murder on the East side.”
My breath catches. “And?” I flutter my eyelids up at my beaming vampire. “How do you know that?”
“While I was… out, the town was a-buzz with the sad murmurings of a new victim.”
“You seem so torn up.”
“Of course not. But she was.”  
Tom’s hand lands on my leg. “Can I be yours? Like, your personal blood boy?”
Marcus scoffs. “She’s likely to kill you, chap.”    
“Go ahead Marcus, tell me what happened,” I say, unable to keep my voice steady.
“They say it was a bangtail called Dark Annie. The doctor had to scoop her intestines and organs out of the dirt and put them back into her stomach.”
“I see.” My mind unveils all the mutilated women in the artwork I just discovered in Marcus’ study. What a painting this new murder would make. “He’s not going to stop, is he?” I stare pointedly into those dark pools of hypnotizing evil.
“Doubtful.” He cocks his head to the side and grins.
Well, hell.
 Buy Link: Amazon
MY INTERVIEW WITH C.F. RABBIOSI
1.     How would you describe your style of writing?

Desperate, exciting. I go for the pleasure, and for the pain. I write scary, and gory scenes with beauty, and sex scenes with class. Imagine a Johanna Lyndsey romance mixed with an Anne Rice novel. Also, I wouldn’t say I spend an exorbitant amount of time on descriptions- I just move the juicy plot right along. Sometimes it’s shocking, sometimes it’s HOT, but my writing is based on facts and tends to be more on the believable side although it’s all about the supernatural.

2.     Is writing an ingrained process or does it just flow naturally for you?

HaHaHa! Though I had the inspiration for a story inside me, it has taken 2 years to turn it into a book I can be proud of. Yes, the first drafts had great things to offer, but I hired a really good editor and creative developer who tore it to shreds! When I got it back, I cried. It was then I realized that I had a lot to learn, and though I was pissed off at my editor nearly every day as I read through all of his comments that riddled my novel, he was often right. Probably five drafts later, my book became something I love. And after everything I’ve learned, the second one is really coming along. I think the process has become a lot easier now that I’ve put a lot of time in studying the craft of writing.

3.     Five fictional characters I would spend a week with?

They’re all vampires, so I wouldn’t survive the week : )
1. Lestat
2. Spike
3. Damien
4. Sita 
5. Angelus
But soooo worth it.

4.     My next project:

Loved by the First, where the intriguing Raina is followed halfway across the world by the first Vampire in human history, to torture and kill her for revenge against her Sire. He’s ruthless, cold, and never thought she would get to him, but his icy heart begins to thaw toward her because she is nothing like those he has spawned, who he also hates. Also, you find out how vampirism started and the sad truth about Andrew, the love Raina fought so hard to be with in book 1. Lots of super-hot sexy scenes between them, as well as more real life serial killers.

Author Info
Charity lives in the University town of Columbia, MO with her husband and three girls. She holds degrees in Science and Registered Nursing, but found her true passion in writing.

Her stories are inspired by Interview with the Vampire, The Last Vampire, Buffy and True Blood and finds herself on most days living and writing in her own fantasy world- when she’s not chasing after her kids.

Member of Writers Digest, Writers Café, and Word Press.
Author Links:
Hosted by
Presented by

No comments:

Post a Comment