Monday, May 15, 2017

SPOTLIGHT w/INTERVIEW - Hell Will Rise (The Bloodthirst Mafia Series, #1) by Skyla Murphy

Hell Will Rise
The Bloodthirst Mafia Series, #1
by Skyla Murphy
Date of Publication: May 2017
Publisher: Skyla Murphy
Cover Artist: Kim Killion
Genre: Romantic Thriller
Tagline: “When dawn breaks…”
 
BLURB
This was never what I wanted, but fame in the mafia was what I got.

When you see numbers like I can, death becomes a constant threat. It lingers, waiting for you to make one wrong move. One falter. One fatal step out of line. The endless presence will drain you, layering you with guilt and regret. Until one day, you’re covered in blood. And in that moment, you realize… you’ve become the grim reaper yourself.

Nothing could stop me from saving my little sister. Nothing could weaken me… until my boss threw a blonde slave at my feet. Once I found out who she was, I should have wanted her dead.

But I had a bad habit of breaking the rules.

And I loved that she hated me.

Like a stupid man named Romeo, I fell for the daughter of the feuding family. Like an idiot named Juliet, she didn’t try to run.

And when I fell for the fair maiden, I shook a pair of dice. I smoked a cigarette, but she paid the final price. As I offered her a smile, my venom filled her core. I watched her drink my poison as her soul walked out the door.
Buy Links:

AmazonAppleB & N
InkteraKobo:  



Author Info
Skyla Murphy is a highland junkie from West Coast, Canada. When she’s not searching the Rocky Mountains for Sasquatch, she can be found researching every other conspiracy theory known to mankind. Her Yorkshire Terrier is usually clung to her side, but he doesn’t buy into her philosophies much. Therefore, she writes about them instead.

MY INTERVIEW WITH SKYLA MURPHY
How would you describe your style of writing to someone that has never read your work?
Dark, gritty, and a little twisted! People who know me know that I have a bit of a romantic side within me, but I don’t think anyone expected I would genre bend and create a mafia trilogy.
Sometimes you need to keep everyone on their toes!

What are some of your writing/publishing goals for this year?
Hell Will Rise is my debut novel, so I plan to just survive the next few weeks during the release of it (haha!). My goal is to wrap up the second book in The Bloodthirst Mafia Series next. I doubt the second book will be published this year, but it all depends on how this summer goes for me. The more road trips I take, the more I will write. I find the most inspiration while travelling.

Do you feel that writing is an ingrained process or just something that flows naturally for you?
I think it’s something that just naturally flows. The reason I say this is because I wasn’t always interested in pursuing a career in writing. It was something that happened organically for me. I’ve always been a writer out of hobby, but it wasn’t a professional prospect in the beginning. I’ve done social work studies, power engineering, tons of oilfield roles, and medical transcription before I decided to take a cruise down this new avenue.

If you could spend one-week with 5 fictional character, who would they be?
The Joker (To analyze his mind)
Michael Scofield from Prison Break (A genius I would love to interview)
Max Black from Two Broke Girls (Her personality is hysterical)
Nancy Drew (I was obsessed with her adventures for years!)
Eeyore (A donkey I would like to cheer up)

Where would you spend one full year, if you could go ANYWhere? What would you do with this time?
I would send myself straight to Ireland. The scenery is absolutely indescribable, and I would love to try every Irish craft beer possible. It would probably take me an entire year to accomplish this, but I would fit in some writing whenever I could… maybe!

Can you share you next creative project(s)? If yes, can you give a few details?
I will be working on the second book in the series for the next few months. After that, I will take time to focus on the third. To follow The Bloodthirst Mafia Series, it’s possible that I will do a spin off series on some of the side characters. 😊

Author Links:
2 prize packs of books and swag open to US and Canadian Shipping
Hosted by

Presented by

No comments:

Post a Comment