Friday, January 6, 2017

Virtual Tour - The Taking of Ireland by Anna Markland

The Taking of Ireland
by Anna Markland
Release Date: January 10th 2017
Publisher: Anna Markland
Genre: Historical Romance

From The Book Junkie Reads . . . The Taking of Ireland . . .
A beautifully written tale of ole days long since passed. This historical romance with some action, some adventure, some folktales, some magic, a bit of supernatural activity, and a hit at romance. This was a journey and tale of a slave bound by ownership and a prince bound to revenge. Neither expecting to find a life beyond their current directives. Myth, magic, duty, perils, adventure, mistrust, deceit, twist here and a few turns there. This drew you in for sure. If you are into historical romances with some of this and some of that you will find a read in this one. The Taking of Ireland turned in to more than I was hoping and allowing my expectation to grow along the read.  I found characters to relate to and some that I could understand their side of things. Open your mind and allow adventure of times gone by to come in and invade your senses.


BLURB
Long ago, in a time of myth, a prince sailed from Galicia to Inisfail seeking revenge for the murder of his uncle by the High King…

Sibrán expects to encounter an opposing army but instead is greeted by a beautiful woman who appears to be accompanied only by her faithful wolfhound. Aislinn bids him welcome, but he suspects she is a sorceress sent to kill him by the very king he plans to slay.

As they journey to the Fort of Kings, events prove that Aislinn does indeed possess powers beyond those of an ordinary human, yet he cannot deny he is inexorably drawn to her. He believes Destiny has brought him to Inisfail, but can he persuade Aislinn that she too is destined to play a role in the establishment of a new kingdom? Or will she remain forever the slave of the tyrant Moqorr who claims to be King of the Otherworld as well as Inisfail?

Perhaps they are all under the evil king’s spell.
BUY LINK: AMAZON

Author Info
I’m a Canadian author with a keen interest in genealogy. I write medieval romance about family honour, ancestry, and roots. My novels are intimate love stories full of passion and adventure.

Passion conquers whatever obstacles a hostile medieval world can throw in its path. My page-turning adventures have earned me a place on Amazon’s All-Star list. 

Besides writing, I have two addictions-crosswords and genealogy, probably the reason I love research. I am a fool for cats. My husband is an entrepreneur who is fond of boasting he’s never had a job.

I live on Canada’s scenic west coast now, but I was born and raised in the UK and I love breathing life into the history of my homeland.
Author Links:
Hosted by
Presented by

No comments:

Post a Comment