Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Virtual Tour - Four (The Republic, #2) by Archer Kay Leah

Four
The Republic, #2
by Archer Kay Leah
Publication date: September 7th 2016
Genres: Adult, Fantasy, Romance

From The Book Junkie Reads . . . Four  (The Republic, #2) . . .

If you are the kind of person that need to have infomation and no holes in your knowledge. I heavily advise that you read book one, A Question of Counsel, of this series.  I love to have all the pieces to my puzzle before me. Or I could just get more confused. So after reading approximately three chapters, I put Four down and sought out  A Question of Counsel. There I got answers, details, insight. Once finished I was able to proceed forward with a brighter view of what I was reading. Then heading back to the beginning of Four. I started it all over again and this time I read with understanding. I have to say that by the end of A Question of Counsel, I very much wanted more of Mayr. 

Now, Mayr has center stage. It was not easy. He has had life handed to him hard and fast. He wants what most want out of life someone to love, to care, to stay and return his love. That chance has presented itself after yet another lover leaves him. But this time his new lover may have no choice in the matter. I found this one more intriguing and with a bit more depth than book one. I got a bit more of the world around Mayr. The life that he was leading. Things just was more. Tash was interesting, determined, and a challenge. 

This read catered more to Mayr and how things were around him. I enjoyed the direction things were heading, but the pace was a bit slow for me. I was desiring a more uptempo pace. The sex scenes were intense, but not offensive. The flashes of Tash was rough, tough, but complaint. I know odd paring. I found him to be the one hot, sexy, desirable, but at the same time something about him was a bit off limits.  

I was able to only keep up and follow through on things because I took the time to go back and read book one. There were areas for improvement, ie. character depth, interaction, plot line depth (felt a bit superficial), world development should have grown more since the first book. I enjoye this mm romance. It was soft. 

The Republic series:
A Question of Counsel - The Republic, #1
Four - The Republic, #2 

BLURB
On the outside, Mayr seems to have it all: a successful career as Head of the Guard for a prominent politician, family and friends who adore him, and the attention of beautiful women. But appearances are a good way to bury secrets, including the fact that while Mayr is a romantic at heart, searching for the one person to share his life with, his lovers keep leaving him.

When his last girlfriend takes him back and suggests an intimate night with Tash, one of her lovers, Mayr reluctantly agrees. The last thing he expects is to fall hard for Tash, who is nothing like Mayr’s previous lovers—and about to undertake the Uldana Trials. If Tash fails, he’ll likely die. If he succeeds, he must give up Mayr, and become the latest to leave Mayr standing alone with a broken heart.
Buy Links: 
Amazon / B & N / Kobo / iBooks
Author Info
Archer Kay Leah was raised in Canada, growing up in a port town at a time when it was starting to become more diverse, both visibly and vocally. Combined with the variety of interests found in Archer’s family and the never-ending need to be creative, this diversity inspired a love for toying with characters and their relationships, exploring new experiences and difficult situations.

Archer most enjoys writing speculative fiction and is engaged in a very particular love affair with fantasy, especially when it is dark and emotionally charged. When not reading and writing for work or play, Archer is a geek with too many hobbies and keeps busy with other creative endeavors, a music addiction, and whatever else comes along. Archer lives in London, Ontario with a same-sex partner and their cat.
Author Links:
 
GIVEAWAY!
Hosted by
Presented by

No comments:

Post a Comment