Thursday, January 26, 2017

Audiobook REVIEW - Halfway Bitten (Halfway Witchy, #2) by Terry Maggert Narrator: Erin Spencer

Halfway Bitten
Halfway Witchy, #2
by Terry Maggert
Narrator: Erin Spencer
Publisher: Terry Maggert
Length: 7 hours and 18 minutes (unabridged)
Audio Release Date: May 23rd 2016

From The Book Junkie Reads . . . Halfway Bitten (Halfway Witchy, #2) . . .
I have the chance to get immersed in Carlie's world again of magic, mystery and more. I had a heck of a great time visiting with Carlie. With that said of course came Gran. She was still wise and knowing. We get some Wulric. Lots of mystery. And more characters to know. There are clowns, vamps, dead bodies, with one heck of a mystery surrounding them. Carlie was still my girl. She was full of compassion and anger. She felt so much and did what she could. She knew that this new day was going to be a big one. She could feel it.

I love things from Carlie POV. It makes for a deeper immersion in to what she thinks and feels. I think this was why I was able to connect so much with her. I love her character.

From The Book Junkie Reads . . .on Narration of Halfway Bitten (Halfway Witchy, #2) . . .

This narration, Erin Spencer, for me was a key factor in my enjoyment of this audio book. As I have stated before, in this series, Erin brings Carlie to life and makes her presence known. I could feel Carlie come to life though this narration. She gave Carlie life with her inflections, tone, moderation. I believe that she interpreted this character very well. I find Erin to be a perfect fit for the Carlie character. She also has a way with the other characters in the story.  It just that Carlie was my main concern. 

Halfway Witchy series:
Halfway Dead - Halfway Witchy, #1
Halfway Bitten - Halfway Witchy, #2
Halfway Hunted - Halfway Witchy, #3
Halfway Drowned - Halfway Witchy, #4  coming soon . . .

BLURB
The circus came to Halfway, and they brought the weird. When clowns, vampires, and corpses start piling up in town, Carlie has to break away from her boyfriend, Wulfric, to bring her witchy skills to the table- or grill, as the case may be. When the body of a young woman washes up in the lake, it unleashes a spiral of mystery that will bring Carlie, Gran, and Wulfric into a storm of magical warfare. Spells will fly. Curses will rain. Amidst it all, Carlie will make waffles, protect her town, and find out if a man from the distant past can join her in happy ever after. With love and honor at stake, Carlie has no peer.

Audio Excerpt

Buy Links:

AudibleAmazoniTunes

MY INTERVIEW WITH TERRY MAGGERT
How would you describe your style of writing to someone that has never read your work?
I’m a history professor with an addiction to grand gestures on the page. I love revenge, and love seeing villains get it. I mean, like “squished on the windshield of life” kind of results. To me, good guys don’t have to lose in order to create great books. I also love the details of life that make characters real. For example, my main character Carlie likes waffles. Ring Hardigan likes pie. Risa likes wine. Details make us human, even three dimensional. I like that.

What are some of your writing/publishing goals for this year? Three novels, three audiobooks, three short stories, and a dump truck filled with coffee.

Make that two trucks.

Do you feel that writing is an ingrained process or just something that flows naturally for you? It’s a muscle, so, yes-- you can train yourself to write better. Some people would argue that you can train yourself to write, period. For me, it’s a blend. I love writing as much as I love reading, and that’s a high mark.

Based on that, I write better with each novel, but the actual kernel, the seed-- I think, for me, it was from birth. My motto on writing is, “I lived until I was full. Then I started writing.”

Do you have a character that you have been working on for a long time that still isn't quite ready, but fills you with excitement to work on the story? YES. Wait, sort of. Okay, I have a character named Delphine. Short version; she grew into something amazing. Love her. Everything about her fascinates me, so I’m diving back into her past, during the Belle Epoque of Paris. There were incredible women called Les Grande Horizontales-- courtesans who made enough money to fill the River Seine, and spent all of it, too. They traded in so much more than sex-- for them, it could be secrets, power, status. Delphine (she’s in The Fearless series) is bound for glory. I can’t wait to share this chapter of her life with you.

Where would you spend one full year, if you could go ANYWhere? What would you do with this time? Let’s assume I’m single without a bride, son, and herd of pets. If that’s the case, I return to Australia.

You know how people say trips changes their lives? For me, that was Australia. I lost my mother, got divorced, and was just floating. My time in Australia was like a rebirth. I saw the cities, the desert, and the water, and all of it brought me back to earth in a way I never thought possible.

Can you share you next creative project(s)? If yes, can you give a few details? Halfway Drowned, Moondiver, and The Dead Heart are all on tap for this year-- you can find them on my Goodreads page.. I don’t sleep much, nor do I want to!

Author Info

Left-handed. Father of an apparent nudist. Husband to a half-Norwegian. Herder of cats and dogs. Lover of pie. I write books. I've had an unhealthy fascination with dragons since the age of-- well, for a while. Native Floridian. Current Tennessean. Location subject to change based on insurrection, upheaval, or availability of coffee. Nine books and counting, with no end in sight. You've been warned.
Author Links:
WebsiteTwitterFacebookGoodreads

Narrator Info

Erin loves audiobooks!  As an actress, they have allowed her to creatively stretch by playing all kinds of characters, all kinds of ages and all kinds of accents!  She voiced roles in the Audie award winning title, Illuminae and was also nominated for a Voice Arts Award in the romance category.  She has narrated over 100 titles and as an audiobook director has worked on at least 100 more.  She has worked for most of the major publishers and also enjoys working with indie writers who are some of the most talented writers out there! Follow her on Twitter @ErinSpencerLA or find her on Facebook, Erin Spencer Actress.

Audio Excerpt

Narrator Info
TwitterFacebookGoodreads
Hosted by
Presented by

No comments:

Post a Comment